A Day in the Life of a Queen
Today was a very busy day, but I think I can get used to this Queen business. It’s not so terrible having everyone wave at you, want to take pictures with you, and remind you how pretty you are. Forgive my vanity there, but having been through the experience of losing my hair to chemo and lots of other unfeminine experiences from Breast Cancer treatment the compliments are flattering and appreciated.
The rest of the primary events of the Fiesta Days festival associated with the Pageant I competed in are held this weekend. The Solano County (between San Francisco and Sacramento) Queens essentially act as hostesses on behalf of the cities in Solano County for important community events throughout the year. Therefore, this weekend is particularly jammed pack. Today I managed to squeeze in the following:
- Rode a convertible in the Fiesta Days Parade with an awesome student driver, Jessica, who’s a current student at the high school I attended and even has my former orchestra teacher! I predict she will get her license very soon. Growing up in Vacaville, this parade was a *big deal*. The opportunity to participate as a Queen was a bit of a nerd-out moment for me!
- Met the Mayor of Vacaville, Len Augustine.
- Hosted my beautiful and silly cousin’s college graduation lunch in Napa. She’s embarking on her new career as a Preschool Teacher. And yes, I went to Napa and did not attend Bottlerock Music Festival. Yes, I’m sad too, but so very happy for her!
- Walked a T-Rex. No, seriously. Here’s a picture to prove it.
- Was arrested and thrown in jail for being too beautiful. Terrible, right? Don’t worry, it was only Fiesta Days jail and I managed to talk my way into bail money pretty quickly from passing by fair-goers.
- Judged a mustache contest.
- Took a selfie with Terry Sheets of the Terry Sheets Band, a local favorite.
- Admired pretty classic cars. For those of you that didn’t know me in my college years, I drove a Camaro Z28 (stick shift, to boot) and still have a special place in my heart for classic muscle cars.
- Relaxed with kittens. This little cutie is one of four in my current litter from the Front Street Animal Shelter. They are scheduled to get fixed next week and then will be available for adoption. Let me know if you’re in the kitten market!
Aaand that’s a wrap for today! Remember I still have appearances tomorrow and Monday for Fiesta Days. Let me know in the comments where I may see you!
Fiesta Days: Ms. Vacaville Appearances:
- Sunday, May 29, 2017
- 8:30-11am: Diaper Derby
- 1-4:30pm: Andrews Park/Main Stage to sell raffle tickets and judge the Jalepeno & Onion Eating Contests
- Monday, May 30, 2017:
- 10:30am: Memorial Day Service
For detailed location information, please see the Fiesta Days website. Hope to see you there!